Universal Mounting Kit Installation Guide
The Slender Fender uses a universal vertical slotted post and post clamp receiver which has been designed for ease-of-installation onto virtually all wheelchair brands. The fender can be installed by the user and does not need to be cut or custom sized by a dealer.
- Mounts to both round and oblong tubular frames or can be attached directly to existing hardware, such as a mud guard.
- Two clamp sizes available: smaller clamp can be installed on any round tubular metallic frame between 1” to 1.250”. Larger clamp mounts on tube sizing 1.250" to 1.375”.
- Custom positioning of the fender as close to the tire tread as you prefer. This is a feature unique to the Slender Fender.
- Frame clamps have lock nut slots for ease of installation.
- Remove seat sling and install 3/8” spacers (provided) in between the top of the seat rail and fabric seat sling underside.
- Install the Slender Fender receiver clamp and post to your wheelchair seat rail, in line as close as possible to the wheel centre. Make sure the widest slot in the post is facing the seat sling.
- Please note the clamp has two positions short and tall to accommodate 20” to 26” diameter wheels. Choose the position best suited for your install.
- Position the Slender Fender onto the vertical post for a dry fit. Make sure the wheel spokes don’t make contact with the fender surface. If there is contact reposition the wheel laterally on its’ axle and tighten securely.
- Position your fender on top of the tire tread using spacers (provided) to establish equal spacing. Holding the fender securely against the vertical post drill a ¼” diameter hole through the wide slot and through the plastic fender, somewhere in the middle of the slot. Install the ¼”-20 lock nut (provided) into the wide slot of the vertical post. Put the ¼”-20 screw (provided) through the plastic fender first and then mate with lock nut. Tighten the ¼-20 screw enough so that you can slide the fender vertically while you position it over the tire.
- Double check the clearance between the tire and the fender shell to be certain that’s your preferred position for accessing the push rim.
- Holding the fender firmly, drill the second hole through the ¼” clearance hole at the top of the vertical post. Install the next 1 ¼-20 screw and lock nut (provided). Tighten both screws firmly with your 5/32”Allen wrench.
ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING PRODUCT INSTALLATION, PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com